The Walking Dead is more popular than ever, and it returns next weekend. We’re going to throw a nice little theme party to celebrate. Warning to the squeamish: this one’s a little gross. And to vegetarians and vegans? Please accept my apologies, and maybe go back to last week’s lovely Disney party.
- Hot wings have the right mixture of gooey, messy, and full of carnage.
- Fruit and vegetables for “Farmer Rick” from Season 4
- Braised Short ribs.
- Cocktail weenies labeled “cocktail entrails”
- Canned beer. Cans would survive the apocalypse in a way almost nothing else would
- Wine, in mini bottles, with the label torn off, in honor of poor recovering alcoholic Bob.
- What else? The Zombie (Call it a Walker if you like, but we all know it’s a Zombie.)
- There’s no getting around it, kids. You gotta make a roast. The more it looks like a leg, the better. I told you this one was going to be gross.
- If anyone has an appetite after the tainted meat, I would go for chocolate pudding. Served in the largest can you can find.
- Alternately, bowls of gummy brains can double as decorative touches
- Buy these cookie cutters, and go to town making Zombie cookies.
- Make conventional cookie people to be your favorite characters. Bonus points for disfiguring characters who have died
- To celebrate the start of the season, place cards around your home with directions to “Terminus” (the food table, or the TV)
- If you’re having a sit-down meal, place cards can say in a crude scrawl, “(Name of guest,) go to Terminus”
- Use butcher paper to create a train track leading to whatever your desired “Terminus” is
- Tissues, for the next time a character you like dies
- Little arrow charms for Daryl, or swords for Michonne
- Badges for Rick
- Zombie makeup can be messy and uncomfortable. Go casual and distressed for that perfect survivor look.