It’s Halloween! Tomorrow, anyway, which means you’ve lost your chance to have anything shipped to your house. The Halloween stores are a den of picked-over sadness, and you have a party to go to. What are some quick-and-nerdy ideas you can throw together without budget busting?
- Steven, Steven Universe: Red T-shirt with a little yellow fabric paint. Red flip flops. A ukelele if you can borrow one. However, be prepared for possible Tumblr fallout should you go in this direction.
- Chanel Oberlin, Scream Queens: To be Chanel, you can’t be too over-the top. Raid a Forever 21 for pretend couture, or just get a ridiculous skirt and make a KKT t-shirt.
- The Penguin, Gotham. Get a nice dark suit (skirt suit is fine!) an umbrella, and a cane. Lots and lots of hair gel. Be sure to practice that limp.
- Waldo: Striped shirt, glasses, hat.
- Catwoman: All black (catsuit optional) with a black mask and cat ears.
- Doc Brown- crazy hair, white lab coat, best Christopher Lloyd impression you can do.
- Marty McFly- denim or chambray shirt matched with a red puffer vest.
- Wrestler of your choice- if you have the shirt, the rest is usually closet couture. John Cena gear is particularly easy to come by.
I’m just going to link my Valentine’s Day cosplay article here.
- Disney Princesses as (X) Sailor Scouts, Star Wars characters, pinup girls, high school students, superheroes, anything you can think of- just color code things you and your friends already own! Look at the eighteen million Buzzfeed articles on the subject.
- That being said, My Little Ponies as anything. Again, color coding is everything. You might need to brave the Halloween store for a wig for everyone except Applejack, but that’s a risk you’ve gotta be willing to take.
- The Kappas, Scream Queens. See entry for Chanel Oberlin under “singles” and repeat as many times as needed. #3 MUST have earmuffs.
- The Scooby Gang: either one, from the original cartoon series OR Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Retro Nick Characters- an old plaid shirt and sweatshirt will make you a fine Arnold, and white short-shorts, a sky blue tee, and a screwdriver will make you Tommy Pickles faster than you can say “wait, that show debuted WHAT YEAR?!”
- Peanuts (but for the love of everything holy don’t be like the Today Show)