Parks and Recreation’s final season opens this week, and we think you should Treat Yo-Self to a fun Pawnee themed party to see out one of the sweetest, funniest, warmest shows on television.
- Throw together simple typography prints of your favorite lines.
- “I love you and I like you.”
- “You had me at meat tornado.”
- “It says you might have network connectivity problems.”
- “Treat Yo’Self.”
- The Pawnee Goddess pledge.
- ‘Slowing down is not really my jam.”
- “Friends. Waffles. Work.”
- Be sure to post the Entertainment 720 logo around. Include a VIP section no one is important enough to sit in.
- Arrange some stuffed Mini Horses to be both Li’l Sebastian and Imposter.
Let’s take our cue from Tom Haverford for the “Apps”-
- Chicky Chicky Parm Parm- Bake up some chicken nuggets and cover with sauce and cheese. Stick a toothpick in each nugget.
- Without the sauce and cheese, call it “Chicky Chicky Fry Fry.” Lazy option: use this as the entree and buy premade fried chicken. We’re not Martha Stewart here at PNT. We’re not judging you.
- Mini Calzones, because i love Ben Wyatt and so can you.
There are two more routes you can take here, or you can combine them.
Meat. Meat everywhere. All of your eggs. and all of your bacon. Hamburgers with just meat (you can put ketchup if you want to- I don’t care.)
Waffles. Waffles everywhere.
RON AND LESLIE:
Waffles and Bacon.
If you went the Ron route with the food, try the Leslie route for cake, by layering waffles with whipped cream or icing to create a beautiful layer cake.
If you went Leslie with the food, go with a breakfast dessert that is not waffles. If it’s made with dough or batter, you can put it in a waffle maker. Cinnamon rolls? Cake? Cookies? The world is yours, my friend.
If you went both, buy or make a cake, stick a sign in front of it that says “Big Ol’Cookie” and you’re set. Write “Treat Yo’Self” on the cake.
- Use Whiskey as replacement “Snake Juice.” Please be careful. Do not die.
- Find the biggest cups you have. Put soda in them.
- Be sure to serve Tom Haverford’s favorite: Magic Water (root beer.)
- Some strong coffee would probably be a good idea.
Plush Mini Horses! Let your guests take them home. What are you going to do with ten of them anyhow?
Easy One. Mouse Rat is real.
If a dress made out of newspaper clippings of your personal successes is not feasible, and you didn’t buy a Batsuit during your last Treat Yo’Self day, just dress in the spirit of your favorite character. Be neat and cute like Chris or Ann, professional like Leslie or Ben, or thrown together like April and Andy. Or do as Donna and Tom would do: wear whatever you want.
As always, check out Pinterest for more on this Party!