WWE’s Royal Rumble is next week in Philadelphia, and things are pretty exciting in the Pretty Nerdy Household (who will actually be in attendance that evening.) If you’re not lucky enough to be seeing it live, you could host a Royal Rumble party.
No apologies for the wrestling puns to follow. I’m in a mood. Puns for everyone.
- Keep it simple. Royal Rumble will be on the tv, so use crepe paper to make ring ropes around your living room. Cheap, simple, and effective.
- If you have more money and are lazy, Party City carries some pre-made party supplies with WWE wrestlers in it. Cry over your CM Punk plates here, folks.
- Alternately, pick a wrestler you like who’s “hosting” the party and color coordinate with them. Dolph Ziggler? Neon Pink and Blue. Ambrose, Rollins, or Regns? Black. AJ Lee? Black and Pink. Red and Yellow are classic choices for the Hulkster.
- Posterboard signs based on your favorite wrestlers.
- Zack Ryder Long Island Iced Tea: Woo Woo Woo Indeed.
- Steve Austin beers. Anything cheap and domestic that comes in a can.
- Kurt Angle milk.
- RC Cola with pictures of Mick Foley taped to every can, labeled “Cheap Pop!”
- Vodka STINGers, with black food coloring or black cups
- Face paint crayons. Whether you want to go old school like the Ultimate Warrior, new like the Usos, or just paint a lot of black around your eyes like Adam Rose, the Undertaker, or Paige, this is a sure bet for a lot of fun.
- Luchador masks can be a little pricey, but feel free to channel your inner Rey Mysterio/ Sin Cara.
- In honor of Brock Lesnar, order some Jimmy Johns’ subs.
- Real American Hot dogs and hamburgers for Jack Swagger
- Grab yourself a copy of this antique gem and get cooking. Make sure to ask your guests if they smell what the host is cookin’.
- Ryback Meat on the Table Meatball Sandwiches– So delicious, you’ll be saying Feed Me More.
- Grab a pint glass and pop some Slim Jims in there, in honor of the Macho Man’s impending Hall of Fame induction later this year.
- Hummus and vegetables in honor of noted vegan Daniel Bryan
- El Torito Taquitos– make the recipe but cut the tortillas down to bite-sized pieces in honor of everyone’s favorite little bull.
- The Devil’s Favorite Hot Wings– inspired by this Kane news item.
- Make sugar cookies in the shape of bunnies and roses for Adam Rose.
- Undertaker graveyard Worms and Dirt. I know this makes more sense for Wrestlemania. I also don’t care. If you’re feeling crafty, put the names of his 21 Wrestlemania conquests on Milano cookies for gravestones.
- John Cena Fruity Pebbles Treats– like a Rice Krispie treat, but with John Cena’s signature cereal.
Music: No music- you should be watching Royal Rumble. Since it’s like four hours long.
Dress: Encourage everyone to dress as their favorite wrestler. This shouldn’t be too difficult.
As always, Pinterest board is here.