I know last week, we threw a little Valentine’s Day shindig, but let’s keep the love going and throw a pretty nerdy party for everyone’s favorite kissing book: The Princess Bride. Some cocktails, some fun themed food, and a good movie: what else could you ask for on Galentine’s Day?
- Buy some Kraken (Or comparable black rum) for the Dread Pirate Roberts and mix it with whatever you have on hand.
- The Double Honey is sweet, beautiful, and golden, like our Buttercup- but with a little punch from the tequila to make it strong enough to stand up to Humperdinck.
- The French Peach is also a good Buttercup cocktail if you’re not into honey or lavender.
- Brandy for Inigo, obviously.’
- Iocane powder is tasteless and dissolves instantly, but labeled powdered drink mixes could be a nice offering for guests hoping for something a little less alcoholic.
- Buy a few eel rolls at your local sushi place for the Screaming Eels
- Serve chips and your favorite accompaniment in a deep bowl, with a sign marking it: THE DIPS OF INSANITY
- Peanuts and Peanut butter, for Fezzik’s infamous line.
- Meat skewers for some freshly stabbed Rodents of Unusual Size (but only if you think they exist)
- When the Alamo Drafthouse did this, they actually made an MLT. Mutton is a little expensive and hard to come by, but if you can pull this off, go for it.
- Serve chicken fries in groups of six for Count Rugen’s six fingers
- Serve cornish hens, so everyone can feel like Fezzik eating miniature food!
- Chicken noodle soup for poor sick Fred Savage.
- Chocolates or chocolate cake pops, whether homemade or store-bought, can be made into serviceable resurrection pills
- Pixie Sticks for makeshift iocane powder
- All in black, obviously. And wear a mask- they’re terribly comfortable, and everyone will be wearing them in the future