Happy Valentine’s Day, nerds! Whether single or attached, a great way to spend a holiday is with friends. Why not go out for your special date another day, and throw a kickass party you won’t need reservations for? Fandom is full of romance- why not celebrate your super-powered love this year?
- Champagne is classic.
- Red Peach Martinis for Mario and Peach- Make this peach martini recipe than either add a little bit of grenadine or red food coloring to make the perfect union for video game royalty
- For Valentine’s Day, a romantic chocolate stout is ideal.
- Complete Cocktails has a great cocktail called Mad Love. For bonus points, freeze some dark grape juice or water with purple food coloring to achieve that Harley Quinn harlequin look.
Food: Italian food can be relatively inexpensive and is usually a crowd pleaser. Plus, as it turns out, many of our favorite couples use it in pivotal scenes in their relationship.
- Scott and Ramona’s garlic bread
- Lady and the Tramp Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Ben Wyatt and Leslie Knope Calzones (one partner eats a calzone while the other mocks them.)
Last year, we printed a mix cd entry. The track list is as follows:
- “Ode to a Geek,” Lorraine Cink
- “Housewares Employee,” Evil Dead the Musical
- “Under Your Spell,” Once More, With Feeling (The Buffy Musical Episode)
- “Dusty Cartridges and Long Boxes,” Kirby Krackle
- “Womanizer,” Venetian Princess
- “She Blinded Me with Science,” Thomas Dolby
- “My Freeze Ray,” Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
- “Aquaman’s Lament,” Mark Aaron James
- “Skullcrusher Mountain,” Jonathan Coulton
- “Yuri the Only One For Me,” The LeetStreet Boys
- “Gonna Make You Happy Tonight,” Tripod
- “Hot Toxic Love,” The Toxic Avenger Musical
- “Geeks in Love,” Lemon Demon
- If you’re attached, dress as your favorite couple. Wednesday’s article has some pretty good ideas!
- If you’re not attached, cosplay anyway- maybe another guest will show up in a complimenting costume!
- Charlie and Claire Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Westley’s True Love Resurrection Pills (Chocolate Covered Truffles)
- Dean Winchester Pie- for his one true love